Thursday, December 1, 2011

Yesterday, we finally took the kids to get their flu shots. Luckily Scott was in town and able to go with me. I'm terrified of taking both of them by myself to get shots. I think it's because I've always hated shots so much, so I worry I won't be able to comfort them when they get upset....

But, there was really no need for me to worry yesterday. They were both so brave! The worst part was waiting 45 minutes in the waiting room with both of them! They were hyper and all over the place.  Once we were back in the room, we were in and out in a few minutes.

Fischer went first... he saw the needles when the nurse walked in and said "I don't want a shot!" He cried a little but stopped as soon as it was over. Addison, who watched Fischer get his shot, climbed up on the table all on her own and said "See, I'm not going to cry!" Then she asked me to hold her hand, which of course I did. She cried for maybe a second and then we were done!

After they got their "cool band-aids" and stickers (Diego for Fischer and Barbie for Addison), it was off to Krispy Kreme for a special treat, as promised!

No comments:

Post a Comment