Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I've been dreading taking Addison and Fischer to the dentist. I didn't want to take them because I don't like going. I never let them know that though. :) And I actually enjoy it more than I used to because I choose to look at it as a chance to sit down and relax!

Turns out I had nothing to worry about. We took the kids to their very first appointment this morning and they did so well. Aside from being a little wiggly in the chair (which I'm sure is normal), they completely cooperated!

We only had to wait a few minutes before we were called back. They let us all go in together, which was nice. Luckily Scott was able to go too! Here they are in the waiting room....




Fischer hopped in the chair first, and after moving around for a few minutes he was ready to go. She looked at his teeth first, then brushed and flossed them. Meanwhile, Fischer got to brush the stuffed fish's teeth too! He also got to watch a few minutes of Shrek.




His turn was over in about 5 minutes and then it was Addison's turn.




She brushed the fish's teeth too, then asked to hold the doll baby that was on the counter. After getting her teeth looked at, brushed and flossed, it was time to wait for the dentist to come look at their teeth.

She looked at Addison's first, then Fischer's and said they look great! She said to keep up with the good brushing (we always do once a day and most days do twice a day). She also said to start flossing about 2 times a week, focusing on the teeth that are actually touching.

Before leaving, the kids got to pick out some goodies which made them very happy. Addison was most excited about getting a new bracelet - she is VERY into jewelry right now. I'm so proud of them for doing so well. Hopefully they will do just as well when we go back in six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment