Friday, December 30, 2011

I had big visions of baking and decorating Christmas cookies with Addison and Fischer this year. I wanted to make the dough and the icing, and decorate them as a family....

But then I read up on making sugar cookie dough and realized there were quite a few steps that made the process sort of long. So I went ahead and made the dough one night after the kids went to bed. I cut out the shapes and baked them. That way they'd be ready to decorate the next day... and I never got around to actually making the icing. I bought the pre-made Betty Crocker cookie icing... Oh well. There is always next year. :)

Anyway, I gave Addison and Fischer each 3 cookies. Instantly, I knew I had made a mistake. My plan was for them each to eat one cookie after decorating it, and saving the others for our friends who were coming over for dinner that night.

Did I really expect them to not eat cookies that were sitting right in front of them?! Yes, I did. :) Lesson learned!!

So, they decorated all 3 cookies, and ate all 3 cookies. They were quite sugared up. But, they had a good time. Next year I know just to give them 1 cookie at a time, or come up with a new system. At least they had a good time, and I learned how to make sugar cookie dough!






No comments:

Post a Comment