Monday, December 7, 2009

As soon as I found out I was pregnant (and probably before) I started researching baby stuff. I asked friends with babies what we would need, I read articles, I looked at endless websites... but now, in my opinion, it all comes down to trial and error. Not all babies like the same things. The things I found, and still find, very useful may not be useful at all for someone else!

Here are some items that were so useful to us at some point over the past 9 months (in no particular order):

1.  Boppies!! Some people I know never used their boppies.  We used them all the time.  I actually still use them when Scott is out of town for bottle feedings. They acted as our extra hands when we were holding one baby and couldn't hold the other.  Also, because of Addison and Fsicher's reflux, they actually had to sleep propped up in their boppies for several months.




2.  Swings!! Some babies aren't comforted by the swinging motion, but luckily Addison and Fischer both enjoyed it.  They even napped in their swings for quite awhile.



3.  Dr. Brown's Formula Pitcher.   Scott and I both love this thing.  Instead of having to shake each bottle individually, you can make a whole pitcher and pour what's needed. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you are making 8-10 bottles a day, it's a nice time saver.



4.  Baby Trend Snap N Go Stroller.  Since we needed a double stroller, we couldn't get one of the usual travel systems.  Instead we picked the Snap N Go, and the infant carriers just snap in right on top.  We loved this stroller, and it was so light weight to load in and out of the car.



5.  Headrest mirrors.  Since their seats face backwards, it's impossible to see their faces without the mirrors. It only took a week or two of driving around like that until I made an "emergency" trip to Babies R Us to pick up two mirrors.





6.  Exersaucers/Activity Centers. These have been so nice to have. At first, we only had one. We quickly realized we'd need two, because both babies like being in them.  It's a great way to keep them entertained when we have to get some other things done.




7.  My camera. I know this isn't a baby item, but I can't imagine not having all of the pictures I've taken. I try to take pictures everyday, and I love looking back at them.

8.  Gerber Puffs.  I don't know what people did before Puffs. They have been a great thing to feed the babies while we are all sitting around the table eating. They also enjoy them just as a snack throughout the day.



9. Bumbos and Bumbo Trays.  We've used our bumbos for sitting practice, eating and playing. We also used them in the bath tub before the babies could sit on their own.  They have so many uses!





10. Video Monitor.  With one baby, I don't think the video part is really necessary.  With two, I'm so glad we had it. Mainly because when we first brought them home, we couldn't tell their cries apart. So, we were able to see who was crying and go straight to that crib. It also calmed our nerves when we could watch them without having to actually go into their room.

We have many, many more baby items that we use on a daily basis but we definitely have appreciated having these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment