Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Twins

Some days seem endless-
My patience grows thin-
Why was I chosen?
To be the Mother of twins-
The answer comes clear-
at the end of the day-
as I tuck them into bed-
There's two to kiss-
There's two to hug-
And best of all-
There's two to love.

A friend gave me this poem when Addison and Fischer were just a couple months old. I have it framed and hanging in their room, and I have read it many, many times. Especially if I'm having an extra hard day.  The days (or nights) aren't nearly as hard anymore, but sometimes there is still that day that tries my patience.  Yesterday was one of them. I'm not sure why.  I read the poem and got through the day without a major breakdown. Today is a whole new day and I'm in a better mood. How can you not be in a good mood when you are greeted with smiles first thing in the morning?!





No comments:

Post a Comment