Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It has only been a few days since my last post, but I feel like I have a lot of updates... Addison and Fischer seem to have hit a "developmental growth spurt" and it seems like a lot of new things are happening!

*Addison is now dancing (bouncing while she is sitting) whenever one of her toys plays a song.
*Fischer's 3rd tooth is now visible, but hasn't broken through the gum yet.
*Addison has taken a couple of steps to the side while she is standing and holding on to the couch or bathtub (she loves to pull up on the tub and bang her hand on the side of it).
*Fischer seems to be saying that "dat" when he wants something we are holding (cell phone, camera, etc)... I hadn't noticed this and thought he was just saying "dadada" but my friend Kathy brought it to my attention, and I noticed that he was in fact saying "dat."
*Addison is now saying "mama" in context when I walk in and out of a room (usually while crying because she wants me to hold her).
*Fischer is now getting on his hands and knees and rocking, and has even crawled a couple of single steps. He is also putting himself into the sitting position now. I have yet to see him do it, but have found him several times sitting up!


As I mentioned above, my friend Kathy came to visit for a few days. It's always so nice having extra hands around and the babies love being spoiled. It was nice having such a close friend get to spend some quality time with the babies. My friend Melissa also came on Monday, so the babies were getting all kinds of attention!!

The babies seem to be enjoying the bigger dinners they've been getting. They are trying all sorts of new things and seem to like it all. Tonight they got to try a few pieces of a chicken finger that we cut up. Fischer has also grown very fond of the Yogurt Melts. He gets very excited when he sees the bag and makes happy sounds while eating them.

Our next goal is to find a sippy cup that they can both hold and drink out of. We have some that they can easily drink out of but have a hard time holidng, and other ones that they can hold, but they leak everywhere.  I would love any sippy cup suggestions you may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment