Saturday, February 6, 2010

As I said the other day, the babies have been busy.  Yesterday, I was making their lunch while we were all in the kitchen.  Addison and Fischer got very quiet, which usually means they are up to something. So, I walked around the corner to check it out and found this:


Yep, they have figured out how to unlock Bo's crate (as a team, of course), and now know how to get inside. Addison couldn't have been happier. She was laughing and didn't want to get out! Fischer was having fun opening and closing the door while she sat inside. Then, he decided he wanted in but couldn't quite figure out how to get in there so I helped him out a little bit. I guess they don't need any of their toys afterall. :)

Addison has become quite the waver. She has three types of waves: the one where she curls her fingers, the one where she does her hand from side to side and the one where she moves her whole arm up and down.  Yesterday, I was talking to my mom on the phone while holding Addison. I said "say hi!" and she started waving at the phone! In the past, I've had to wave first, then she'd wave, but she did it this time all on her own.  Then today, Scott was talking to his mom and she was saying "bye bye" on speaker phone. Addison waved again, and was whispering the "buh" sound back!  In addition to that, I think she said "hi" to me yesterday. I walked into their room after their nap and said hi to them, and I am 95% sure she said hi back.  No one else was around, and of course she hasn't done it again, but I'm sure that's what she said.

Fischer has crawled on his hands and knees a few times, but still prefers to army crawl.  He is also waving, and is pulling up on anything and everything, except for me! It occurred to me yesterday that he has yet to pull up on my legs. He has also cruised on some furniture a little bit, and is getting steadier on his legs everyday.

In other news, we have said good-bye to the bottles. They are still getting their scheduled feedings, but they are all from sippies now instead of bottles. Wow... I can't believe we are done with bottles. It seems like yesterday that Scott made an emergency trip to Babies R Us after we brought the babies home... they weren't eating well so we thought we'd try new bottles. Scott came home with several kinds since there were so many to choose from. 

Here's a picture of my little man playing:







1 comment:

  1. Too funny! Mine figured out that they could get in Bella's crate on Wednesday and every time I turn around they're trying to get in there!

    I just know our kids are going to get along!

    ReplyDelete