Saturday, February 13, 2010

We actually got snow here in Charleston, which was fun.  However, we lost power for 12 hours last night, which was not fun. Addison and Fischer woke up around 11:30 last night because of how cold their room was (we lost power around 9:00). We had a fire going, so we brought them out to the living room, which of course got them pretty excited because they thought it was time to play. After settling them down, Scott slept with Addison on the couch and I slept with Fischer on the big chair.  Scott and I each got about 2 hours of sleep so we are pretty tired tonight. Hopefully the babies don't think they will get to come out to the living room tonight to hang out with us again. :)

We did let them play in the snow for a little while today, so I will be posting pictures of those soon (hopefully tomorrow).

I took Addison to the doctor yesterday morning because of her milk issues.  The doctor suggested trying soy milk, so we started that today. We are doing one ounce at a time again and things went well today. We will see what tomorrow holds. If soy milk doesn't work, we'll try rice milk.  The doctor didn't seem to think that she'll have any trouble with other dairy products and we are definitely hoping that's the case.  She said we can try whole milk again in 6 months or so. When they weighed her at the doctor, she was 20 pounds, 7 ounces with clothes on. WOW!! She is a growing girl.  We'll be back in a little under 2 weeks for their 1 year check up.

Scott  stayed home with Fischer while I took Addison to the doctor. Since we had a little extra time after the appointment, we met a friend for lunch... I think Addison really enjoyed her girl time. I know I did! I never get to spend time with just one of them like that, so it was really nice. I think Fischer had fun with his Daddy too.

Official Birthday Countdown: 9 Days!! I can't believe we are into single digits.

No comments:

Post a Comment