Monday, February 22, 2010

Last year, I became a mother of 2. My water broke around 2:30 a.m., and Addison was born at 4:30 a.m., and Fischer at 4:31 a.m.  It was weird not being able to touch, hold or even see them right away. Scott got a peek at them as they were carrying them away, but that was it! It would be several hours before I could go see them in person (although Scott had gone to see them and showed me pictures on his phone). Thankfully there were no major issues, and both babies were doing pretty well! It was the happiest day of our lives, but also one of the scariest!

This year, we had a wonderful day celebrating Addison and Fischer's first birthday! After their morning nap, we went out to lunch and then to the Aquarium. It was a very rainy morning, so I'm glad our plans didn't involve anything outside. They both seemed to enjoy watching the fish, and especially loved playing in the play area. We came home and opened a few presents. Then, they enjoyed a birthday cupcake after dinner, followed by a nice bubble bath.  I'd say it was a pretty nice day for all of us!!

It's hard to believe that a whole year has gone by. I'm hoping that this next year doesn't go by quite as fast as this one did!

Here we are a year ago (I'm with Fischer and Scott is with Addison)...







And this morning...



Goodness, how things change in a year.


I took a lot of pictures yesterday and today and will be sure to post some tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment