Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I guess I spoke too soon when I said things were going well with whole milk. For Fischer, things are going great.  Addison isn't tolerating it so well. The first day we gave it to them (Sunday) she spit up a little bit in the afternoon, but we thought nothing of it since both she and Fischer have always spit up.  Monday, she got sick in the afternoon, and this time it wasn't just spit up.  The same thing happened yesterday afternoon.  Scott and I haven't changed anything about her diet except for adding the milk, so we think that the milk is causing her to get sick. We don't think it's a bug because she doesn't act sick, doesn't have a fever, and Fischer hasn't gotten sick. After talking to a nurse last night, we decided that it'd be best to take her to see our Doctor on Friday and decide what our plan should be. It's possible we will increase her Zantac to see if that helps, but we will know more on Friday. My main concern about increasing the Zantac is that I don't want the issue to just be masked, or prolonged, so I have a list of questions ready to go for the Doctor! So for now, she's just having formula, but Fischer is still having an ounce of milk per feeding.

Other than that, things are going great. Both babies are diaper-rash free... today anyway. Yay for that... it's rare that they are both rash free!

They both continue to learn and enjoy new things.  Fischer's new "skill" is to put his lips together and blow (sort of like blowing a raspberry).  I hear him doing this at night on the monitor, in the morning on the monitor, and he does it all day long. It's extremely fun when he does it with a mouth full of food!  He is also learning to kiss things. He doesn't kiss me or Scott much, but he will kiss objects when I ask him to. I also noticed yesterday that when I ask him to kiss something, he makes the noise "aaah." I am wondering if this is because I always says "Awww, that's sweet" after he kisses a toy.  Addison isn't into kissing things yet... she will usually just smile and turn her head away when I ask her for a kiss.

Addison's new thing is standing with her back against things. She stands in her crib with her back against the side. She stands with her back against other furniture and walls. It's almost like she's saying "Look at me, I'm just casually standing here." She is standing so much on her own now, without holding onto anything. If we are on the floor playing, she will just crawl over and pop right up next to us, and she always has a giant smile on her face when she does it.

Official Birthday Countdown:  12 Days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment