Friday, June 18, 2010

If you had to choose, would you rather have a baby/child that eats well or sleeps well? I know, you'd ideally want them to do both well, but, if you had to choose one, which would it be?!

We are lucky that we have two great eaters. Addison never leaves anything on her tray (except the diced carrots that come in a can of mixed vegetables... but she'll eat sliced carrots), and Fischer has his picky moments, but he eats well overall.  I have friends who have very picky eaters, and I know how stressful it can be. I just hope Addison and Fischer continue to be open-minded about food!

Here they are months ago trying their first taste of actual pizza, and not just the crust!



Sleeping, on the other hand, has been a challenge. I hear some parents say that their babies started sleeping through the night at 3 or 4 months and have slept through the night almost every night since.  We don't know what that's like around here.  We do have many nights where they do both go right down and sleep all night. But we also have many nights where either Addison or Fischer wake up. Between the two of them, one is always teething, which is a huge reason they wake up.  I also think having them share a room contributes, because a lot of times, the one awake will wake the other one up. Overall, I would not say we have great sleepers... good sleepers might even be a stretch some of the time. I think Fischer could be a great sleeper in his own room, without his sister (who wakes up a lot) crying at night.

So, I've just been thinking a lot lately about which I'd rather have, if it had to be one or the other - good eaters or good sleepers!?

Here is Addison sleeping - proof that she really does sleep (in fact, last night it was Fischer that was up for awhile, and she slept right through it)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment