Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It feels like Addison and Fischer are doing something new everyday, and it's becoming very hard to keep up with it all! I'm trying to write stuff down as it happens (even the small stuff!), but I don't always remember to do that.

First of all, they had their first peanut butter and jelly sandwich yesterday! They've had countless jelly sandwiches, but it was their first taste of peanut butter.  The doctor gave us the ok to try it, as long as Scott and I don't have any nut allergies, which we don't.  They ate all of it, so I guess they liked it!  They also had some "grown up" yogurt for the first time. They've been eating the Gerber yogurt, but the doctor said they can eat any kind of yogurt, so they've had some Yoplait. I like that we were able to make that switch because it's much cheaper.

Fischer has been working hard on doing animal sounds.  He's doing them on his own more when he sees a picture of an animal, rather than just repeating what we say.  So far he says: moo, ssss (his newest, for a snake), ooo-aaa-aaa (monkey), baa, naa (horse), meow, ruf, and quack.  He does get his animals mixed up from time to time, but he's doing really well with the sounds overall! Addison has also started the monkey sound, and says it whenever she picks up their toy monkey, or when she sees a picture of a monkey. I can't wait to take them to the zoo to see if they do it when they see a real monkey!

Here are some other words they've started saying:
Addison - "ditty" for kitty.
Fischer - "mum mum" for these crackers they get for dessert sometimes, and they really are called mum mums! "All duh" for all done, and "nana" for banana.

They are both climbing on the ottoman all day long now.  They are up and down all the time! They are slowly learning how to get off of it without falling, although they've had their share of spills. Fischer mastered getting down pretty quickly, but Addison is still working on it.

They are also both very into books now.  They've always liked books, and we have always read to them.  But now, I'd say books have become almost an obsession.  They have several in their toy basket, and they bring them to me all day long for me to read to them.  They do this so much that I have to routinely switch out their books because I get tired of reading the same books over and over.  My favorite part of this is when they bring me the book, they also climb into my lap while I'm reading.  I love it when they both are sitting there at the same time. :)  If Addison is already on my lap, Fischer will usually sit on the floor beside us... but Addison doesn't care if Fischer is already in my lap... she makes room for herself too. :)

I think we had another first this morning... I'm pretty sure Fischer "tattled" on Addison.  They have this toy chair that they like to stand on. When we see them standing on it, we ask them to please sit down. They always look at us as they are climbing up because they know they aren't supposed to do it. They are testing us already! Anyway, this morning, I was facing Fischer and the chair and Addison were behind me.  He got a very mad look on his face, and started pointing at her while making a grunting noise. I looked at her, and she was standing on the chair!! I think he was saying "Mom, Addison's standing on the chair!"

Addison's 2nd molar has broken through, so she has a total of 10 teeth right now.  Fischer's 4th molar is slowly coming in, and he's holding steady at 12 teeth.  I think he may have a bottom tooth close to breaking through, but it's hard to get a good look these days.

I think that's about it for the updates... we hope you are all having a good week!

1 comment: