Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy One-Week-In-The-New-House-Anniversary to us! :)

Last Saturday, we were up bright and early - 5:45 to be exact. The kids decided to wake up extra early on moving day. Not what we were planning, but we worked with it! I headed over to the new house after breakfast to start unpacking some of the suitcases we'd taken over the day before. My main goal was to get Addison and Fischer's closets as organized as possible before actually moving in. I knew once they were in the house, it would be nearly impossible to do any sort of organizing. :) Meanwhile, Scott took the kids to the Farmer's Market for their weekly treat of boiled peanuts and lemonade.

After working on the closets, I headed home. As I mentioned before, our friends Melissa, Ryan and their baby Logan came to help us move. Jim showed up too, and we were so appreciative of the extra set of hands. Our original goal was to bring their beds over first and have them set up by nap time, so they could at least try to nap. It didn't work out that way, but that's ok. We went with the flow!

After a long day of moving stuff (for the boys, anyway...the girls pretty much kept up with the kids!)...we were ready to spend the night at the new house. Scott made a delicious meal (as usual) and we tried to stick to Addison and Fischer's bedtime schedule.

I wasn't sure how they would react to having their own rooms. We'd been coming here for weeks, and each time we pointed out each room and that it was their own room, and not shared. So, we put them to bed and waited for them to cry and/or freak out. They never did! They were so tired since they didn't nap that day, so I think that helped us out. I was so excited that they did so well!!

Fischer woke up first on Sunday morning and immediately asked to "see Sissy!!"  I really should stop expecting the worst when it comes to the kids because they always prove me wrong!

I finally found my camera cord today, so I hope to post some pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment