Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Our streak continues!! Last night, Addison and Fischer both used the potty after taking their baths (and Fischer evened the score by going #2!) Not that it's a competition or anything.... :) And, Addison used hers yesterday morning too. Woohoo!  I'm definitely liking this more laid back approach for right now. It has become part of our bath time routine and that seems to be working well. I've tried making it part of our waking up and/or getting dressed routine but haven't had much luck yet. We'll keep working on it though.

Last night was a bit chaotic because Scott is out of town. So, I was doing baths on my own, and they both decided to use the potty at the same time. So, as Addison was going, Fischer announced he was pooping in his diaper and wanted to sit on the potty. So, I, of course, encouraged him to sit down!! As he was going, Addison finished and decided to go ahead and take her potty apart and carry it to the toilet so she could dump and flush (which is their reward). She happened to spill it along the way, just as Fischer freaked out that he had poop on his leg (gross, I know) and stuck his hand in it. Talk about messy, disgusting CHAOS!! But, I tried my best to stay calm kept reminding myself that they had just had potty success, which is our goal. So, I cheered them on and explained to them why it's gross to spill pee and touch poop.

Ugh.

Ok, enough about that!

It seems that as the potty business starts to get better, their sleeping is getting worse - especially for Addison. I don't know if it's related or just a coincidence. She has started finding every reason imaginable for us to stay in her room at night when we are tucking her in. Her routine is becoming longer and longer each night. And she's having a hard time falling asleep once we leave, and has been crying a lot. Once she is finally asleep, she eventually wakes up and cries some more. This has been going on for the past several nights and it's tiring!! I'm sure this is just another phase but I hope it passes quickly!

I've been bad about taking pictures lately! Here's one of Addison in one of her favorite pair of shoes (she doesn't care that they are too big). She is in love with shoes now, and is currently napping with a pair on. Whatever it takes, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment