Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Addison and Fischer had their 18 month check up yesterday. It went great, and they behaved so well while we waited!

It took the nurse a few tries to get accurate measurements (squirmy toddlers made it tough!), but she finally succeeded. Here are their stats:

Addison:
22 lb 15 oz (20th %)
31 inches (25th - 50th %)
18 inches for her head circumference

Fischer:
22 lb 8 oz (10th %)
31.75 inches (25th-50th %)
19 inches for his head circumference

I really thought Fischer was going to weigh more than Addison this time, but I was wrong!

The Doctor said everything looked great and they seem completely healthy! We don't have to go back until they are 2! I can't believe it. We will go back in October for flu shots, but that will just be a quick visit with the nurse. Hopefully I can get their weights again then.

During the appointment, the Doctor asked us questions about their sleep, diet, words, play, etc... And, we happened to be in the fish themed room, so she got to hear over and over that they can say fish (or as they say it, "shi").

In other news, we decided to transition to one nap a day. They were napping at 9 and 2, so we will do one in between those times. Today was our first try, and it went ok... Addison only slept 30 minutes, and woke up crying, so I had to take her out of the room when it became clear she wasn't going to settle down. Fischer slept about an hour and 15 minutes.  I know it is quite a change in their routine, so it will take some getting used to.  It was time for the change though, because their 9:00 naps were becoming more of a challenge lately. So, just like with all of their other changes, I just need to remember it's for the best when I get frustrated. If I can deal with taking pacis away, I can certainly get through this change, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment