Sunday, September 5, 2010

We've been spending more and more time outside lately. It's still hot, but not as humid, and actually a little pleasant! The mornings and evenings have even been cool... I am ready for cool all day long! I love fall!

Just a few updates from around here.... Addison and Fischer finally seem to be rid of their colds. They stuck around for over a week, but I think they are almost completely gone now. Since Addison wasn't feeling great, we didn't try her on any whole milk yet. We may start that this week. As I said before, we'll just mix in a little whole milk with her soy milk, then go from there. Last time, it just took one tiny ounce of whole milk to make her sick.

Addison has officially caught up to her brother in the tooth department. She now has 16 teeth! Now, we just wait for their 2 year molars... I won't be upset if they wait awhile to make an appearance. It'll be nice to have a break from teething for a little while.

Fischer has been in time-out on several occasions over the past few days. He is all boy, which I've mentioned before, and likes to play rough. Sometimes he takes it too far and earns himself a minute in time-out. It's hard to say if it's working or not, but we are trying to establish some consistency with discipline, and I figured that was a good place to start. It's funny because I never thought I'd be a "time-out mom" but I feel like it's the most appropriate form of discipline at this age.

Addison and Fischer have been much more affectionate and playful with each other lately (it usually starts out nice and then Fischer tries to make it more of a wrestling match). They've been laughing a lot together, and I've even found them hugging. I just love seeing them interact like that!

We may go potty shopping soon. Woohoo! We probably won't actually start potty training right away, but thought that we could have them in the house so Addison and Fischer could get used to seeing them. Addison is still telling me that her diaper is dirty on occasion, but it's definitely not consistent at this point. I don't think she's too far off though!

That's about it for now. We hope you all enjoy your long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment