Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I am officially in my 30's. I had a wonderful birthday yesterday - complete with a night out with Scott!

Yesterday morning, we took Addison and Fischer to a trial class at My Gym. They went to the Waddlers class, which is for 14-22 month olds. They seemed to enjoy all of the play time, but did not care for the structured portion of the class, where we all sat in a circle and did a few things. The teacher assured me that it usually takes them a few classes to get used to the structured part and that I shouldn't worry about it. Luckily I had Scott there with me to help contain them during the circle time. He went since I wasn't sure what to expect the first time. I decided to go ahead and sign them up, so we will be attending class each Monday morning! I think it will be a great thing!

One of the activities they do within the hour is "separation time." They put a bunch of toys out in the middle of the room and ask the parents to step away while the children play with each other and the 2 teachers. I really thought Addison would keep coming over to us, because she is somewhat clingy.  She barely gave us any thought though, only coming over twice to bring us toys. I was so happy that they enjoyed playing on their own like that! They also got to play on a trampoline, several different swings, a balance beam, slides and many more fun things.

Here are a couple of pictures of them playing. Their favorite, by far, was the ball pit. The last picture is of them playing during separation time.




Yesterday afternoon, we played in the sprinkler for a little while. Then, Scott and I got ready for our date night! The sprinkler playing would explain my hair - I got soaked, and had no time to shower, so it just went up in a quick ponytail. Oh well. :)



We had a great time, and Addison and Fischer did great for Jim and Dianne (thanks again!!).  I'm looking forward to a fun year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment