Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just a few random thoughts tonight...

- Addison is getting better and better at her new skill - taking her clothes off. This new skill makes me               very nervous because our luck of not having any messes related to it will run out eventually....
- Addison and Fischer are making so many connections between people, places, events and food.. some of the connections they make really amaze me... for example, they talked about Buzz Lightyear when they saw a picture of a spaceship after only seeing a little bit of Toy Story.
- They have great memories too! They remember little details, and Scott and I are having to be very careful with what we say now. If we say something like "If you help clean up, we can watch a movie," we better be ready to watch a movie, even if it's an hour or more later. They don't forget much these days! They also know when we try to skip words and/or pages in a book.
- I ordered A and F a book about going to the potty and they love reading it. One page says "I did it!" and now they walk around saying that.
- Addison still asks about our Christmas tree almost everyday. I keep telling her that we will see it again next year. Then Fischer asks about our stuffed snowman (which we named Chester), and I tell him that we will see him again next year too!
- Fischer learned the word bra (which he pointed out while I was folding laundry). I have no idea where he heard this or how he knew what it was!
- They are both getting so good at following directions! They help me put clothes in the washing machine and/or dryer, pick up toys, put diapers in the diaper genie and much more!
- We are lucky that they are both still great eaters!
- We may try switching to 2% milk as they get closer to turning 2. We are hoping Addison will be able to tolerate 2% better than whole milk, then we can just buy 1 kind.
- Fischer LOVES watching movies after dinner now. We've been watching a variety of Disney movies, and will usually watch about 30 minutes after dinner and before bath. He pulls the blanket onto the floor now and says "moomee!" The 4 of us lay there and relax, and it's great family time!
- I really need to get over my issue with the play-doh colors being mixed. It's going to happen and I just need to deal with it. On that note, I bought A and F a play-doh kit with 15 accessories and they are loving it!

I could go on and on with these random thoughts. Addison and Fischer do so much everyday that I don't want to forget. I need to write more of it down.

Here they are enjoying their pudding snack last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment