Thursday, January 13, 2011

You might want to sit down for this...

I finished a book!! I love to read, but haven't made it a priority since having Addison and Fischer, and I really miss it. Before having them, I read ALL the time - in the mornings, during my lunch at work, after work, and before bed.

Last year, I managed to finish a couple of books, but I would read a little and then weeks would pass before I had a chance to read again.

So, I'm pretty excited that I read a book in just a week! I've had several books stacked up in my "to-be-read" pile so I figured I'm going to have to make some time for this hobby that I love.

The book I just finished was...



And it was good! I knew before starting it that it was a happy ending for the adorable little puppy on the front. Otherwise, I don't think I could've read the book.

The book was a little hard for me to read, though, for a couple of reasons. One being that the majority of it takes place in Fallujah, Iraq, which is where Scott was stationed in 2004. I didn't like reading parts of the book knowing that he was there. Secondly, I am an animal lover so parts of the book were hard to digest.

But, like I said, the book had a happy ending for the puppy, Lava. And I really did enjoy reading this book. It probably wasn't the best choice for my first book when I'm just getting back into reading, but it was a quick read, so now I can move on to something lighthearted!

No comments:

Post a Comment