Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A few weeks ago I had a birthday! I turned 32 and got to spend the following weekend in Chicago with Scott. He'd been there all week (including on my actual birthday) so I flew there to meet up with him on that Friday. My parents kept the kids and I think we all had a good time. Scott and I flew home together Sunday night in time to bathe the kids and put them to bed. I really missed them but the break was nice too. Luckily, my dad is into taking pictures and texting them to me, so I was kept in the loop about what they were doing over the weekend!

Since I left early that Friday, my parents had to take the kids to school. The kids have been doing so great with drop off this year, and that was true even for my parents. In almost 2 months of school, there has still only been 1 day with tears at drop off. I probably just jinxed myself for tomorrow. :)

In Chicago, Scott and I went to a Cubs game! The game was at noon, so we got up, went to breakfast then rode the train over to the stadium. The weather was perfect and it was such a fun time. Later we changed from our Cubs gear into our Gamecocks gear and went to a restaurant to watch part of our football game! It was a sports-filled day. Friday night in Chicago, we went out to dinner with Scott's work. It was nice to finally meet a lot of his coworkers - he's only worked there for 4 1/2 years! It's hard when they are all in another state though.

On my actual birthday, since Scott was gone, Dianne was nice enough to come over and hang out with Addison and Fischer for a little while so I could go shop! All by myself... just for me! :) I managed to spend a good amount of money in a short time.. it's a special skill I have! :) Also, when Dianne showed up, she came with a cake for me (I think the kids may have been more excited than I was about that) and a new Gamecocks shirt. Yay! Since that was in the morning, we didn't have any cake right then. I told the kids we could have some after their naps... so, they were so excited to sing to me and have me blow out the candle. They sang to me, all on their own.. it was so cute and something I wish I would have taped!

It was a great birthday and I'm very thankful for all of my family and friends who came together so I could enjoy a weekend away! I do have some pictures that I will post later... I've been very bad about taking pictures and especially bad about actually putting them on the computer. I'll get it together eventually! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment