Wednesday, October 17, 2012

After our "cowboy jerkey" break, we had several hours to go until lunch. Scott had a spot in mind so we were hoping we'd make it all the way there! And we did!



That morning, I made some sandwiches and packed some little bags of doritos. So our plan was to find a rest area with benches so that Lucy could hang out with us too. It was like a picnic! So Scott wanted to wait until we got across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge so that was our goal.

The kids were pretty excited about the tunnels that we got to go through, and it brought back many memories of when we would drive overnight to see my Grandparents in NC. My brother and I would sometimes sleep in sleeping bags in the back of our station wagon, but I always made my parents promise they would wake me up when we were about to go through a tunnel. They are pretty cool! 



So after the very, very long bridge, we came to our lunch spot. It turned out to be pretty cool because it also had a little nature reserve center with a walking trail. Perfect for our 3 energetic children! :) So we ate our pre-made lunches, then headed to the trail. The kids had a great time running up ahead of us, listening to us yell "stop" then wait for us to catch up so they could do it all over again. It was the perfect way to burn off some energy and I was so glad the weather was so great.



Addison and Fischer even had time to stop for a quick hug. They've been doing this more and more on their own lately. I'm really loving it! 


Lucy wanted in on the running action too...


And finally, on our way back to the car. Fischer found a feather and Addison was just happy to be out and about! 



Next up - we finally made it to the condo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment