Monday, October 29, 2012

On Friday, October 12, we headed to the South Carolina State Fair!

I love the fair, and was talking about going this year right after we went last year. The kids had fun last year but I just knew they would love it at this age. I was right!

Even though Addison had a cold, she was feeling up to going. They went to school that morning and then Scott and I picked them up together (which they always love!) and headed straight to the fair for lunch.

Fischer's choice was obvious: Pizza.



Addison decided she wanted a corn dog:



And we all shared some fries, and then later got some lemonade. And finally an order of fresh doughnuts - that was our bribe to get them to leave. :) Sometimes bribery is needed.

While we were there, Addison and Fischer rode a lot of rides! They were tall enough this year to ride most of them alone. I was a little nervous about this but after I saw how much fun they were having, it got a little easier.



Scott and I got to ride a few rides too. We all rode the caterpillar roller coaster and then yellow bus. The bus just goes around in a big circle, in both directions. Addison wasn't so sure about it but Fischer loved it. It was so funny listening to him scream like he was on some thrilling ride. They both did that on the roller coaster too.






We also saw a lot of animals, but managed to not spend any money on the games.



I can't wait to go back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment