Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I finished book #5 for the year. I am way ahead of my one-a-month goal right now! I've been spending part of nap times relaxing and reading, which has been very nice.

The book I just finished is Twin, by Allen Shawn.  I saw a review a month or so ago, and it caught my interest since it is written by a twin, about his twin sister. His twin sister is Autistic and was removed from their home at 8 years old, and they've been apart ever since (they are now in their 60s). I was just very curious to read a story like this from a twin's perspective.

The book was good, but not quite what I expected. I'm not sure I would've gotten much from it if I didn't have twins myself. I'm glad I read it though, as there was some interesting facts about twins . One fact, which is interesting and gross all at the same time, stated that there is a culture (it didn't specify which one) where boy/girl twins are thought to be the perfect mates for each other and usually end up getting married and having children. This is just crazy to me! There were several other interesting facts in the book, and I do feel like I learned some things!



Reading things about twins  makes me even more excited to see what type of relationship Addison and Fischer will have as they get older. I hope that they will be extremely close, but only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment