Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Things have been busy busy around here!

Over the weekend, we headed to NC to see my parents. In preparation, Fischer went to see "Missy Yolana" to get another haircut. We actually call her "Miss Yolanda" but Fischer now puts his own spin on it. It's very cute to hear him say it - and funny that he knows her by name since he gets so many haircuts!

Scott took Fischer to his haircut so they could have some guy time, while Addison and I stayed home and packed for our trip. If she wasn't "helping" (by taking out everything I put in the suitcase), she was "supervising" from under the covers of our bed. One of her new favorite things to do is to get under the covers of a bed and say "night night!" She also calls it "getting cozy." She doesn't look happy in this picture but she was so excited to be laying in Mommy and Daddy's bed!



Friday morning, we left early so we could stop at the Asheboro Zoo on the way. We pass it every time we go to my parents, but have never stopped. We figured stopping before the summer heat would be a good idea. It's a very spread out zoo, so we walked a lot, but it was fun! The kids definitely liked the giraffes and elephants the most! Here are a few pictures...





Once we got to my parents house, I didn't take a single picture. That is very unlike me! But, while we were there, Addison and Fischer got to experience several firsts...They had their first popcorn snack (which they LOVED!). They took their first trip to Build-A-Bear. I thought for sure Addison would pick the cat and Fischer would pick the dog. I was wrong. They both picked the same exact bunny! Maybe they were missing Buddy! 

Lastly, and I think their favorite, was getting to feed the deer. My parents always have a lot of deer in their yard, and in order to keep them fed and away from their plants, they put deer corn out to feed them. Starting early last week, Addison and Fischer both said "deer? bucket? corn? when we would talk about our upcoming trip to Gma and Gpa Suttle's house. I couldn't believe they remembered seeing my parents carry out buckets of deer corn. So, my mom bought them each a little bucket and they got to carry it out. Usually, my parents just do it in the afternoon, but because Addison and Fischer loved it so much, the deer got a few extra meals over the weekend. I wish I would've taken a picture! Next time!

Sunday, we headed home in the yucky rain. Yesterday was cold and rainy too, so we were inside all day. I was a little nervous about how the day would go since we've gotten to play outside so much lately. Addison and Fischer were great though - they have really started playing well together lately, so it made the rainy day much easier. Luckily, today, they got to run around outside again!

And in some exciting news... Addison actually left a bow in her hair for more than 2 seconds the other day! It's a work in progress!





No comments:

Post a Comment