Friday, January 15, 2010

Last year, I finally got to go home! Monitor, ultrasound and check for dilation were all good, so I was free to go. I had mixed feelings because at the hospital, doctors and nurses were right there if anything happened. At home, I was worried that something would happen and I wouldn't make it to the hospital in time. I was also worried that I wouldn't know when I went into labor since I hadn't felt many of my previous contractions. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about in that department!

I was so excited to see Bo and Sassy when I got home. My parents stayed the weekend too, which was nice. I was on strict bedrest and had to do a contraction monitor twice a day. I had an appointment that Monday, so I knew I'd be getting out of the house a little bit. So once again, we waited...

This morning, I am happy to announce that Fischer slept all night. He had been waking up about an hour or so every night after going to bed (during naps, too). When he woke up, we'd pick him up and he'd have these awful, painful burps.  I talked to his pediatrician yesterday about increasing his Zantac dose. We purposely left it lower than he could have for his weight to see if he really needed it or could be weaned off. Obviously, he really needs it. Last night, he got the increased dose and didn't make a peep all night!  Addison is still on the lower dose and seems to be doing just fine with that. Hopefully he'll sleep just as well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment