Thursday, January 14, 2010

Last year, my emotional roller coaster continued. The terbutaline pump seemed to be working, although it made me very jittery (a common side effect).  The doctors wanted to monitor me for contractions, do an ultrasound, and check dilation progress before they gave the OK for me to go home. The monitor and ultrasound looked great, and I was still 4 cm, which meant there hadn't been a change in a week! Just when I thought I was going to get discharged, it seemed that my water was leaking. After numerous tests, it was determined that my water wasn't leaking and that the babies had plenty of fluid. But, they wanted me to stay another night just incase. At this point, I didn't think I was ever going to go home.

Yesterday, I felt like the babies were developing right before my eyes... They have this toy that is on wheels and I was pushing it towards Fischer. He would stop the toy, then push it back to me! We did this for at least 5 minutes before he lost interest. It just surprised me that he was ready to play a "game" like that! Later in the day, we Skyped with Scott since he is out of town. This is a great way for he and the babies to see each other. When he said "hi," Addison waved to him on the screen! I couldn't believe it! She's been waving a little bit, but I really didn't think she'd do it to the computer screen.

I don't think I've mentioned that Fischer has started clicking his tongue, and it seems to be his new favorite sound. He will always do it back to me if I do it first. Addison even starts doing it every once in awhile. It's pretty funny when all 3 of us (sometimes 4 when Scott joins in) are sitting there clicking our tongues. :)

I also think I experienced one of my favorite baby moments yesterday. We went to Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon. When we got home, I took them to Addison's crib to play while I unloaded the Wal-Mart bags.  When I walked back into their room, they were sitting very quietly in the crib. Each baby was holding a book and flipping through it, as if they were reading it. They looked up and saw me, then returned to "reading" their books. So, so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment