Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Last year, I woke up happy to still be pregnant. The Doctors were hoping that I'd make it to 32 weeks, so each day was a small success. Since the Procardia wasn't working as well anymore, the Doctors decided to switch me to a Terbutaline pump. This would go in my upper thigh and would automatically give me a dose of medicine every 3 hours. If things settled down using that, I could possibly go home! A nurse came and showed us how to insert the needle into my leg (that was Scott's job), and how to replace the cartridges holding the medicine. The cartridges had to be replaced daily, and the needle site had to be changed (alternating thighs) every 5 days. The pump was finally in place around 10 pm and then it became another waiting game.

Today, I can't even believe how much the babies keep changing.  I now have two "standers" on my hands... Oh my, things are going to get crazy soon!



Here they are with one of their favorite "toys"


No comments:

Post a Comment