Monday, January 11, 2010

Last year, our weekend was filled with worry and unanswered questions. I was still in the hospital, and still having contractions. They had slowed considerably though, which was very promising. Over the weekend, I received my 2nd steroid shot, and was moved to a new room. I lucked out and got a large corner room, so that was nice. I was taken off "the mag" and started on another medication. Immediately I started feeling contractions and they were coming strong and fast. So, they stopped that medication and started me on Procardia. I took a pill every 6 hours and it seemed to be working very well! We even started throwing around the words "going home."

My weekend was also filled with visitors, which was a very welcome distraction. My parents were there, and several friends came. Saturday was supposed to be our baby shower, so we had somewhat of a mini-shower in my room since our friends brought gifts!

This year, our weekend was filled with family time and relaxation (as much as there can be with 2 very mobile babies).  We spent the weekend in Ocracoke Island, NC with my parents.  Scott and my dad hunted on Saturday, so my mom and I spent the day with the babies. We even took them out to lunch! It was a fun weekend, even though it was abnormally cold.

The house we rented was right on the water, and the babies loved crawling over to the windows and looking out at everything. It was very pretty!

Addison looking out at the cold water!


The view from our kitchen... can't beat that!


Fischer enjoying some Grandma time.


While we were gone, the babies were very busy. Addison started pointing, and she also blew back in my face as I was gently blowing into hers! She is also now very interested in our teeth - she will try to grab them, rub them, scratch them, etc...  Fischer pulled himself up last night at our friends house all by himself for the very first time! He's been trying to pull up into a standing position and has been getting very frustrated because he couldn't quite do it. Last night, he finally had his moment!! Things will get very interesting around here once they are both standing.  Also, Addison and Fischer BOTH gave Grandpa Suttle a kiss (the open-mouth sloppy kind) when he asked for one. This, of course, made me jealous as I've been trying to get some kisses of my own for quite some time.  It was so cute though!

The babies did ok with all of the traveling. They don't sleep great in their pack and plays, so we are all glad to be home and in our own beds.  We started a new nap schedule last week, and so far it seems to be working pretty well. We've gone to two naps... one at 9 am and one at 2 pm and that transition went much smoother than I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment